Kelly Grosklags, LICSW, BCD, FAAGC
For twenty-five years Kelly Grosklags has helped patients, families, caregivers, and clinicians understand and cope with grief, loss, and traumatic illness. Kelly is a sought-after public speaker, presenter, and social media blogger. Recently, she published “A Comforted Heart: An oncology psychotherapist’s perspective on finding meaning and hope during grief and loss.”
The following summarizes content Grosklags has presented to audiences across the nation. Kelly is booked for more keynote speeches and conferences on the topics of cancer, patient communication, end-of-life care, grief, professional grief, and caregiving throughout 2019 and 2020.
For more information and media inquires and speaking opportunities please email Kelly Grosklags at email@example.com or Melissa Freiermuth, Media Director for CWK at 715-222-4611.
- “Grief as a Continued Bond” – Keynote Speaker, Breath of Hope Lung Foundation. Wayzata, Minnesota
- “Suicide Grief” – Lead Facilitator, Minnesota Oncology, Burnsville, MN
- “Mental Health Matters” – Co-Keynote Speaker, Community Event by Always Smile Foundation, Hudson, Wisconsin
- “Gratitude as a Healer” – Conversations with Kelly event, Minnetonka, Minnesota
- “Patient-Centric Cancer Survivorship: Consider the Body, Mind, and Soul” – Keynote speaker, Firefly Sisterhood and Gilda’s Club, Twin Cities, Minnesota
- “Sex & Intimacy for Healthcare Providers” – Keynote Speaker, Golden Valley, Minnesota
- “Evening of Impact” – Co-Keynote Speaker, Prairie Care Mental Health Gala, Minneapolis, MN
– Kelly is scheduled for multiple Keynotes Nationally for 2020
- “Finding your Inner Strength”- Conversations with Kelly event, Hopkins, Minnesota
- “Breathing in the NOW”- Keynote speaker at Living Beyond Breast Cancer Annual National Conference, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- “The Dying Teach Us How to Live” -Speaker for The Minnesota Hospice Palliative Care Network Annual Midwest Conference, Bloomington, Minnesota
- “Delivering Difficult News”- Keynote lecturer for physician assistant students, St. Catherine University, St. Paul, Minnesota
- “Interdisciplinary Team Roles and Patient Communication”- Panel participant University of Medical School, Oncology Division, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- “Grief Doesn’t Take a Summer Vacation” – Conversations with Kelly event, Hastings, MN
- “The Courage to be Real”- Conversations with Kelly Minneapolis
- “Living with Hope”- Guest speaker, Pancreatic Support Group, Abbott Northwestern Hospital, Minneapolis Minnesota.
- “Resiliency in Oncology Nursing”- Keynote speaker, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota.
- “Grit, Grace and Gratitude”-Keynote speaker, Susan G. Greater NYC, National Metastatic Breast Cancer Conference, New York, New York.
- “Mental Health in the Workplace”- Panel participant, Target Corporations, Minneapolis, Minnesota.
- “Does it Take Courage to Hope?”- Keynote speaker, Susan G Komen, Midwest Metastatic Cancer Conference, Bloomington, Minnesota.
- “Discovering what Matters Most”- Keynote speaker, Minnesota Oncology, Gilda’s Club first annual All Metastatic Cancer Event, Saint Paul, Minnesota.
- “Hope for the Holidays”-Guest speaker, Holiday Grief Event, O’Connell and Benedict Family Funeral Homes, River Falls, Wisconsin.
- “Living when Dying”– Keynote speaker, Stephen Minister annual educational and training event, Christ the King Lutheran Church, Bloomington, Minnesota.
- “Say their Name”– Keynote speaker, Conversations with Kelly, signature grief event, Minnetonka, Minnesota
- “The Dying Teach Us How to Live”- Keynote lecturer CentraCare, St. Cloud, Minnesota
- “Living While Dying”- Bloomington, Minnesota
- “Grit, Healing and Hope”- Keynote speaker, Susan G Komen, New York City
- “Does It Take Courage to Hope?” – Keynote speaker, Midwest Conference for Metastatic Breast Cancer, Bloomington, Minnesota
- “The Many Ways We Heal” – Conversations with Kelly event, Hopkins, Minnesota
- “The Courage to Hope” – Conversations with Kelly event, Hopkins, Minnesota
- “Healing Through Loss and Difficult Conversations” – Cancer support guest speaker at Prince of Peace Church, Brooklyn Center, Minnesota
- “End of Life Issues and Anger” – Two-session presenter at Living Beyond Breast Cancer Annual National Conference, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- “Patient Communication at the End of Life” – Keynote lecturer for physician assistant students, St. Catherine University, St. Paul, Minnesota
- “Hope, Healing and Wholeness”- Keynote speaker, Susan G Komen, Manhattan, New York (Metastatic Conference)
- “The Dying Teach Us How to Live” – Keynote Speaker, Rice Hospice, Willmar, Minnesota
- “The Lessons Within Our Grief” – Conversations with Kelly event, Hopkins, Minnesota
- “End of Life Issues: Emotions and Relationships” – Featured blogger on Breastcancer.org or https://www.breastcancer.org/symptoms/types/recur_metast/stop_treat/emotions
- Conversations with Kelly events, St. Paul, Minnesota
- “Connected Through Grief”
- “Lean on Me: Caring for the Caregiver”
- “Keeping it Real: Healing Through Gratitude, Authenticity and Forgiveness”
- “Healing Through Hope”
- “Healing Through Grief” – Radio show guest on Who’s Watching Mom program
- “Learning to Find Inner Courage” and “Facing Mortality” – Two-session presenter at Living Beyond Breast Cancer Annual National Conference, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- “Honoring Your Feelings After a Loss” – Keynote speaker, Fergus Falls, Minnesota
- “Beyond Sorrow” – Keynote speaker at the 27th annual conference sponsored by Hantage Funeral Homes, Hutchinson, Minnesota
- “Maintaining Resiliency During Cancer” – Keynote Speaker, Affirming Life Stage IV Cancer Annual Retreat, Duluth, Minnesota
- “Managing the Emotions of Metastatic Breast Cancer” – Podcast on Breastcancer.org https://www.breastcancer.org/community/podcasts/metastatic-emotions-20170714
- “Facing the End of Life” – Featured blogger and podcast, Breastcancer.org https://www.breastcancer.org/community/podcasts/end-of-life-20170731
- “End of Life Q&A Blog Series” – Featured blogger on Breastcancer.org https://www.breastcancer.org/symptoms/types/recur_metast/stop_treat/blog
- “Delivering Difficult News and Patient Communication” – Keynote lecturer for physician assistant students, Hematology/Oncology unit, University of Minnesota
- “Communication with Cancer Patients on End of Life Issues” – Keynote lecturer for Hematology/Oncology fellows and attending physicians at M Health of the University of Minnesota
- “Grief as Our Continued Bond” – Keynote speaker for Minnesota Society of Clinical Social Work Conference, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- “Palliative Care and Advocacy” – Guest speaker, Breast Cancer Education Association Annual Conference, St. Paul, Minnesota
- “Professional Grief and Self-Care” – Clinical consultant and guest speaker to Minnesota Oncology clinical staff, Edina, Minnesota
- Guest Speaker for Stage IV breast cancer support group at the University of Minnesota
- Conversations with Kelly events, St. Paul, Minnesota
- “What Matters Most”
- “Uncovering the Lessons within Our Grief”
- “Living with a Life-Changing Illness” – Part 1 and Part 2
- “Patient Communication, Delivering Difficult News and End-of-life Issues” – Keynote speaker at Grand Rounds for breast cancer medical students, hematology/oncology residents and fellows and surgical team, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota
- “Grief as Our Continued Bond” – Keynote speaker for annual healing forum, Wise Family Funeral Home, Hastings, Minnesota
Articles and Interviews
- “Does It Take Courage to Hope?” – article in Coping magazine, November/December 2018
- “Acknowledging the 100% of Trauma of Cancer” – MinnPost article, August 2017
- “Can a Breast Cancer Diagnosis Really Cause PTSD?” – Firefly Sisterhood blog, July 2017
- “Grief and Grieving” – contributor to Ask the Expert column, Living Beyond Breast Cancer, 2017-2018
- “Healing from Loss; Using Clinical Hypnosis to Help Navigate the Way” – article in Minnesota Medicine, October 2006
- Featured Blog in Cure magazine